Software Developer (GIS Specialized)
The successful candidate will be joining the Software Development & GIS team of the Company, providing his/her services in the maintenance and further development of the company’s GIS Databases. The position is based at Nea Erithrea Area.
- Participates in the development of GIS databases in order to digitize the company projects.
- Monitors GIS database in terms of accuracy and quality, to ensure the system’s effectiveness.
- Analyzes Geographic Information Systems data to identify spatial relationships or display results of analyses, using maps, graphs, or tabular data.
- Designs and prepares graphic presentations of Geographic Information Systems data, using GIS hardware or software applications.
- Prepares GIS reports and analyses in order to ensure accurate and sustainable flow of information and thus, provide support to operational departments.
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science / Information Technology
- Postgraduate degree in a relevant field would be considered an asset
- At least 2 years of experience in a professional programming environment:
- Development: Microsoft .Net, Windows , Web applications
- Administration: Oracle, Postgres, MySQL
- Solid background on development methodologies, standards and procedures.
- Knowledge of AutoCad will be considered an asset
- Knowledge of GIS (Geographic Information Systems) applications and software will be considered an asset
- Excellent command of the English language
- Very strong analytical & methodical skills
- Work on a customer oriented basis
- Value teamwork
- Communicate in a transparent, open and well prepared manner
- Be able to set his/her own goals, and take over responsibility
- Strive for constant performance improvement in terms of efficiency and effectiveness
Interested candidates should send their curriculum vitae by email to email@example.com or by Fax to 2106100301 quoting the code (GIS-1217)